Photo Story

#1
“How this happened?” I asked a 73 year’s old injured buwa.
“Roof sheet cut my hand. And wall fell on my back.” He replied. I could feel a painful quiver in his voice. He had serious injuries all over his body. But I wonder why no one took him to the hospital. “My daughter in law saved me. God has punished me at this age. I couldn’t save my pregnant buffalo. I will go to hell after I die.” He said and pointed to a house which was completely destroyed by Earthquake. “That was my house where I used to live with my wife. Now she is at Dhading Hospital.”
“Don’t worry buwa everything will be fine soon.” I said to soothe his pain and continued with dressing of his wounds.
“Please do me a favour. Find out how my wife is doing. She is with her granddaughter.” He requested after I was done. It touched my heart; a man with such a profound love for his wife and a buffalo more than his own life.
“Why don’t you take him to the hospital? You guys have a bike.” I asked to the boys who were in the same tent playing cards. I could see a bike standing outside the tent.
“This is only for carrying a relief materials. And we don’t have enough fuel to take this old man to the Dhading Hospital.” A boy replied and continued playing with cards. I don’t believe a person could be such an irresponsible. But there was no worth of arguing with those heartless people. I called Ganesh who was coordinating everything from Dhading Bensi. I asked him to manage a vehicle (if not send a bike) to shift an old man to the Dhading Hospital and also asked him to look after his wife and his granddaughter.
Next day, we shifted him to Dhading Hospital along with three other serious victims in a jeep which was there with a relief materials for a village.

#2

Her name is Namita (15, class 10). She had a deep cut above her right eye as a house collapsed when Nepal was first hit by a tremor (7.8) and a door frame hit her. She was in her maternal uncle’s house with her sister.

“I was chatting with Anjali didi. She managed to run but a roof of balcony caught her. Even she has injuries at her back. But she is feeling shy to show it to you.” She said pointing towards her sister who was hiding behind the tree. “I thought I would be safe if I stay under a door frame. But it broke and hit my head. I wish if it has hit somewhere else not on my face.” Tears rolled down of her cheeks but she managed to wipe them off with her hanky.
“Hey! Don’t cry. It is not that serious. Let me clean it first and I will give you a medicine. You will be perfectly fine soon.” I tried to console her.
“I am not crying because of this wound. Everyone is hurt. Medicines you give may heal my ache but I am afraid if it can cure the marks of cut or not.” She looked at me and smiled.
That was a moment I realized how PAINFUL is a FAKE SMILE and sometimes we just have to let things go...!


#3 
I want to go to school and Play with my friend Niruta. My school is destroyed by Earthquake. You know Niruta's grandmother died in Earthquake and they are now in Bazar. Momy was telling she will not come back to Village again.

I will not go to school if she  don't return back toVillage. I don't have school uniform, bag and books. I can't go to school without uniform.

Comments

Popular Posts